- Beauty Salons & Hairstylists
- Computer Services
- Building Contractors
- Health & Wellness
- Window Cleaning
- Thrift Stores
- Interior Design
- Book Stores
- Music Stores
- Martial Arts
- Movie Rental
- Movie Theaters
- Carpet Cleaners
- Party Planning
- Grocery Stores
- Home Repairs
Looking for Bannockburn Homes for sale? You can search for free online: North Shore Chicago Real Estate
Situated just 25 miles northwest of Chicago, the village of Bannockburn is a secluded community filled with expansive estates and beautiful homes. The Bannockburn was developed by William Aitken in 1924 and modeled after his homeland of Scotland. His intention was to keep the wooded backdrop intact and that is still a priority today. Prairie Wolf Slough Forest Preserve and the Des Plains River Corridor are two of the forest preserves located nearby that add to the natural beauty of the surrounding area.
Initially, the village charter required home lots to be at least one acre in size but later that minimum was expanded to two acres. With a current population of just under 1,600, Bannockburn has traditionally remained mostly residential. It was entirely so until 1968 when a proposed industrial park became an issue. Eventually the village allowed the development of a few corporate parks on the north side of the community and a commercial district was finally zoned in the mid 1980s.
Because Bannockburn is located along the Tri-State Tollway, it is very convenient for residents in respect to commuting needs, but the scenic, tree lined roads and lanes are what make travel in the village enjoyable.
There are several great restaurants in the area that local residents and visitors enjoy. The San Gabriel Mexican Cafe on 2535 Waukegan Road serves fantastic Mexican dishes and also has a wide selection of tequila from which to chose. With just a quick trip to Deerfield you can find Rosie's Deli on 108 Wilmot Road for sandwiches or stop by Quencher Smoothies on 144 South Waukegan Road for a refreshing cold treat.
The Midtown Athletic Club located at 2211 Waukegan Road in Bannockburn gives members a full schedule of sporting, exercise and social events. The Club sits on several acres of landscaped property and provides a beautiful setting for recreation.
Tennis lessons are provided by skilled instructors and are tailored to fit any level of player. They have programs titled "Tennis in No Time" and "TennisSchools" that are popular among first time students. The Club also has courts for squash and platform tennis.
Aquatics Classes are also offered and include different levels for cardio, yoga and to help improve joint function for those with arthritis. Basic swimming classes are held along with free open swim time, family time and scheduled swim events.
Midtown also offers Group Exercise programs and Kidtown, which is a staffed care service for member's children who are between the ages of two months old to nine years old. The kids have several activities of their own including craft projects, games and reading time.
The Cafe at Midtown serves a variety of healthy snack food, sandwiches, salads and smoothies. All of the food can also be made ready for take out.
And finally, the Spa at the Club is a perfect way to end your workout or day. Both members and non-members are offered this service. You can receive a makeover at the salon or have a deep tissue massage. Gift certificates are available.
Midtown's published list of events for this spring and summer are as follows.
- Friday, May 11th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM is the South African Wine Tasting event. The admission cost is $25.00 per person.
- Taste of Cardio Tennis takes place on Monday, May 14 through Saturday, May 19th. Admission is only $5.00 per person.
- Social Mixed Doubles happens on Saturday, May 19 from 6:00PM to 8:00 PM. You must play at level 2.6 or higher to participate and the cost is $30.00 per person.
- Pizza, Pool and Play is scheduled for Saturday, May 19 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Ages six through fourteen are welcome at an admission price of $15.00 per person.
- The Wilson Demo Day, Luncheon and Fashion Show will be held on Friday, May 25th. There will be tennis from 9:30AM to 11:30AM and the lunch and fashion show takes place from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. Cost is $12.00 per person for this event.
- The Tennis Social Mixer will take place on Saturday, June 2nd from 6:00PM to 8:00. Skill levels 1.6 to 2.5 are welcome. Fees are $30.00 per person.
- Splash-in Cinema is on Saturday, June 2nd from 6:00PM to 8:30PM for ages seven to fourteen. Admission is $15.00 per person.
- Social Mixed Doubles is scheduled for Saturday, June 16th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM. Levels 2.6 and higher are welcome for a fee of $30.00 per person.
- Pizza, Pool and Play happens again on Saturday, June 16th from 6:00PM to 8:30PM for ages six to fourteen with admission price of $15.00 per person.
- Caribbean Night sets sail on Friday, June 22nd from 5:00PM to 8:00PM with admission price of $15.00 per person.