- Health & Wellness
- Auto Detailing
- Auto Repair
- Child Care
- Computer Repair
- Building Contractors
- Golf Courses
- Health Spas
- Home Appraisal
- Real Estate Agents
- Real Estate
- Window Cleaning
- Interior Design
- Book Stores
- Music Stores
- Martial Arts
- Movie Rental
- Carpet Cleaners
- Grocery Stores
- Party Planning
- Home Repairs
Lake Bluff, Illinois
Located some thirty miles north of downtown Chicago, Lake Bluff is the farthest suburb among the nine on the North Shore. So named for the distinctive and beautiful natural bluffs surrounding the village, Lake Bluff is a secluded community set within a wooded backdrop.
Because of the extensive natural woodland encompassing the village, officials have sought to preserve the forested areas and have designed the more recent subdivisions such as Tangley Oaks and Armour Woods to complement, not conquer the existing trees and waterways. The largest older subdivision called the Terrace contributed to the biggest residential increase in the village during the 1970s, with the current population of Lake Bluff leveling off around 6,000.
There are many historic homes in Lake Bluff, and the village leaders formed a Historic Preservation Commission to aid in the protection of residential landmarks and architectural works of art. The majority of the village is residential but it has a downtown retail section as well as a commercial district and shopping center on the southwest fringe of the village. If you're looking for Lake Bluff real estate, check out our easy-to-use and free North Shore Chicago Homes for Sale search.
Lake Bluff also has several fantastic restaurants and cafes. Bluffington's Cafe on East Scranton Avenue serves a quick, tasty meal to customers on the go. The Colonial Delicatessen on South Waukegan Road satisfies all of your sandwich needs. Donelli's Pub and Eatery Inc.on Rockland Avenue offers affordable, savory food.
Holly's American Bistro on East Center Avenue cooks up traditional home-style meals. Rita's on Rockland Road is another established favorite and Hunan North Chinese Restaurant on South Waukegan Road of course serves Chinese. Scooter's is on North Waukegan and specializes in all kinds of sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs.
Lake Bluff has a full schedule of spring and summer events, some coordinated with neighboring Lake Forest.
- May 12th is the Garden Market on East Washington Avenue in Lake Bluff. The Market hours are from 8:00AM to 6:00PM.
- On June 2nd the 5th Annual Dog Day will be held from 9:30AM to 11:30Am on the front lawn of the Deerpath Middle School. Pets and owners will compete for prizes and participate in a pet parade.
- The ever popular Farmer's Market will take place on the Lake Bluff Village Green from 7:00AM to 12:00PM on June 22nd and 29th, July 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th and September 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st.
- June 17th brings the North Shore Taste and Lifestyle Show from 10:00AM to 4:00PM at the Deer Path School in Lake Forest.
- The Lake Bluff Annual Sidewalk Sales kick off downtown on June 23rd through the 24th.
- The 7th Annual Festival of the Arts will be held on June 23rd and 24th from 10:00AM to 5:00PM each day. The Artists on the Bluff will present a group showing of their works on the Village green. Art from a wide variety of mediums will be on display during the festival. There is live entertainment scheduled as well as art and craft activities for children.
- The annual July 4th Parade will march at 10:00AM in downtown Lake Bluff on Independence Day.
The Bluffinia Concert series runs all summer with shows scheduled for 6:00PM to 7:30PM on each date listed. The concerts play on the Village Green except for the one on the 4th of July, and listeners are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets for comfortable seating.
- July 1st is Minus 88 performing music from the 80s and 90s.
- July 4th brings The Stingrays: Rock and Roll performing at the Lake Bluff Beach.
- July 8th has Travis Morris performing an Elvis tribute.
- July 15th features Denny Diamond's music.
- July 22nd has the Tumbleweed Band playing their music for the audience.
- July 29th will bring an ABBA Salute for listeners to enjoy.
- September 5th rolls out Piano Man to entertain the crowd.
- September 12th is a big night with Bill O'Connell Skyliners Big Band.
- September 19th has Spoken Four performing for listeners.
- September 26th closes out the concert series with a Back to School Bash from 5:30PM to 7:00PM. New Invaders ... Ultimate 60's Flash Back will play for the crowd on this last night of music.
From fireworks to dog parades, art festivals to outdoor music concerts, Lake Bluff promises a summer you'll never forget. All you have to do is show up. It’s all there waiting for you.